Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

WIP update

I've managed to work almost entirely through my rotation! So proud of myself. This one is Through A Mother's Eyes by Paula Vaughan. FINALLY finished the dang mirror!! And got the bouquet completed. That was a thrill too.

Blogger images works again!!!!! That was getting really really really old.

Stitched on cream Belfast, 2x2.

I haven't been posting here very regularly. I'm very caught up in my writing and learning craft, so that's where I spend most of my blog time. If anyone is curious, you can get to that through my profile. Going to my first writer's conference in 20 days. I'm terribly excited.

Most everyone has probably seen this in various places too, but I'll say it again. I've changed jobs. Things at KH finally hit The Last Straw and I turned my resignation in this past Monday. Things reached the point where I will not even volunteer there as long as two certain people are employed there. So I'm going to go work for a few months at Hobby Lobby! I'm excited about the change and learning new things. My main duties will be as a cashier, but I'll also be trained in the fabric department and in framing! The one thing in the entire store that I desperately want to learn more about and I have it offered to me without my even asking for it. I took that as further proof from God that I'm making the right move. I feel great about it, even though I know I'm going to be tired. Physical tiredness is easier to deal with than mental tiredness.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

"Physical tiredness is easier to deal with than mental tiredness." ...Ain't that the truth!

Good for you on getting a job somewhere less stressful; that was a big part of why I quit at the preschool (among plenty of other things...but you can only take so much). From experience, a less brain-sapping job makes *everything* else easier. :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Your Paula..is so beautiful. Many of us have forgotten how lovely her designs are!
You know, I've been in those disheartening jobs before that just kill your spirit. Congratulations for recognizing it and disengaging yourself! I hope your new job is so much better!
Hugs,
Deb in FL

12:23 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

Great progress on the PV - it's beautiful. Hope you enjoy your new job - I hope it suits you better than your old one.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Kyriaki said...

I hear you on the physical vs mental tiredness thing!

And mm...cabbage rolls...that sounds good!

Hope the new job is everything that you hope it will be and more!

8:20 PM  
Blogger sugardoll said...

Ohhh I haven't seen this one in a while. Great progress...

I am excited too for you and the writers conference. woohoo!!

Take care ((hugs))

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home