Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Monday, September 10, 2007

HAED SAL weekend


This past weekend was the HAED SAL Challenge weekend. Yeah, that's a mouthful. It gets better though. This is KMB ACEO QS by Tate that I stitch on during the HAED SAL weekend. Take that, Army!

That translates to Kimono Butterflies Mermaid ACEO by Nadia Tate. I adore it. Didn't get a whole lot of stitching time this weekend because I had other things I needed to do, but I'm still very pleased with the amount of progress I made. I need to do a confetti session next month. Ugh!

I survived my first day completely intact. And I am exhausted! But it's a good kind of exhausted, one that I can live with. I discovered, much to my surprise, that I get an hour for lunch when I'm working an 8 hour shift. Thought it would just be 30 minutes.

So, I'm going to become a lunch knitter. None of my stitching projects are conducive to pulling out for 30 minutes at a time. So I'm going to get my sock finished, and then I can finally let myself order the yarn and pattern for the Ivy Trellis stole.

I just LOVE the pattern, and I've gushed about it before I think. I love ivy. I mean I really love ivy, my dishes for my kitchen are th Corelle ivy dishes. The yarn I'm using is Knit Picks Palette Iris Heather. It is a lace pattern, but done with fingering weight yarn instead of lace weight. Since I love the look of knitted lace and want to learn how to do it, I figured a heavier weight lace project would be a good place to start. And I can use the leftovers from my pair of socks to practice the new stitches. See, I do have a plan!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger sugardoll said...

Oh wow! so much colors! brilliant!! =) Lovely!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Hi

That is going to be so beautiful when you get it completely finished....I also looked at your other WIP's too and they are going to be just as beautiful....

I am on the Passione Ricamo EZ Board Forum under lovetostitch50....

I put my intro on there and I'm also working on My Lady Of The Snow by Passione Ricamo....that is my current project at the moment....

My Blog is: http://lindakscreativityworks.blogspot.com

Take care & Happy Stitching

7:01 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Hello! I found your link through stitching bloggers! You have been tagged!!

1:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

wow loving that stole, and great progress on the aceo

11:09 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

Great progress! Can't wait to see more

9:28 PM  
Blogger Kyriaki said...

Hi Rachel :)

Thanks for the comment! Yeah, closed communion is a weird thing...but my Dad and I are getting there.

Glad that you liked the OrthoWiki :) Please let me know if there's any questions I can answer, I'll do my best to help out any way I can.

Just a note - beliefs and structure are universal to Orthodoxy, but practice can vary jurisdiction to jurisdiction. So be sure to check that a certain practice is 'Russian' before you include it, because the way the Greeks and Arabic speaking peoples do it can be somewhat different :)

*HUGSSSSS*

Kyrie

PS: your fae looks gorgeous, but you need to update your blog more often!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home