Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Spring Cameo


Here she is! My first page is complete. 1 down, 24 to go. To be perfectly honest though, about 9 of those 24 are half pages or less. She is oval-shaped after all. I can't decided which way to go when I pick her up next though. To the left and fill in some more of the cameo? To the right and do her cheek and hair? Straight up to forehead and her eyebrows? Northeast to her hair and the beginning of the flowers? I only know I'm not going down to do her neck just yet. For some reason, that's kind of a creepy thought right now.....

I'm moving on to the next slot in my rotation, after the HAED SAL weekend. Next up is Part 2 of St. Pete!

I finally figured out why my Vikki Clayton silks haven't arrived yet. Even though she received my payment, she never got the order itself! PayPal's fault. It was still sitting in my shopping cart. Vikki is a sweetheart though and we got it all straightened out in about 5 minutes.

It's pink silks. I want to do the Ink Circles Breast Cancer Ribbon mandala as a biscornu for my Mamaw, who was recently diagnosed. But I want to use silks, not the Carrie's Creations that it's charted with. I'm a silk slut, of course I have to use silk!

Most recent stash acquisition happened yesterday. Lori told me about the matroishka doll pattern in the latest issue of The World of Cross Stitching, so I set off in search of the issue. I don't have a local source, so I ended up buying it from a lady on eBay. It's an adorable pattern! Very bright and Russian. I like it a lot.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

OMG, Rachael, your HAED is beautiful!! I know you love stitching her. It's amazing how quickly they go, but nobody except those of us who stitch HAEDs believe it!!! LOL
Hugs,
Deb

9:51 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

She is a beauty. I couldn't dedicate myself past 3 days on St. Pete's, I just can't see me doing a HAED. heh.

((Hugs)) to you and your Mom. I hope it works out all right.

8:03 PM  
Blogger fudgey said...

((hugs))) about your mum i hope everything goes well for her
your Haed looks awesome, i love how well she is stitching up , you are doing a wonderful job..

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home