Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The magic of HAED


Tonight, I experienced the magic that is HAED. I've been plugging along on Earth Mermaid Quick Stitch, despairing of ever seeing anything except an earth-toned blob. All of that changed tonight with just one little stitch. She has a FACE!!!!

I absolutely can't get over how it happened. When I stopped to eat supper and pushed my stand back I saw her eye. Already had part of her lip in, but didn't really see anything. Then, about 5 minutes after Criminal Minds went off, that one stitch went in and there it was! A most lovely and beautiful face. Michelle is truly a gifted artist to be able to do this. Never in my life did I think a blob of browns and dark corals could create something so lovely and exquisite.

Earth Mermaid is a gift for one of my dear friends. She knows nothing about it and she thankfully does not know this blog exists, lol. I truly wish I could see her face when she opens her. I'm shooting for this to be Lisa's Christmas present. She loves mermaids as much as me and is an artist herself.

Wow.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

She is looking gorgeous!

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home