Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Wedding announcement

This is the wedding announcement I'm stitching for my brother and Kati. They both love Celtic knotwork, the wedding colors are lavender and a pretty light minty green, so the color choicese were easy! There was no way on the face of this earth that I was going to use the drab browns that the model was stitched with, so I changed it! The words are stitched with VC Wisteria, and the knotwork is being done with Gumnut Stars 273. The pic is nearly 2 weeks old, I've since almost gotten to the halfway point on the top knot. Their names and the date will go underneath.

The Gumnuts are wonderful! Fudgey at HAED clued me in on them. The shading is very subtle and absolutely stunning in person. They're very soft, like Dinky Dyes. Have some yummy purple shades that I'll use on the Purple Sampler from Ink Circles.

And over there to the right is my new start for this past weekend's HAED SAL challenge. It's Nadia Tate's Kimono Butterflies Mermaid and that is her shoulder. The colors are very bright and one of them is the exact same shade as deer hunter orange! That totally cracked me up when I was pulling and sorting floss for it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meari said...

The wedding project is coming along great. Good job.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Deanne J said...

The wedding announcement looks great Rachel and I love the colours in the butterfly

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home