Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Friday, January 26, 2007

SBQ- Fabric

I'm a bit late, lol.

Today's SBQ was suggested by Danielle and is:

What company produces your favorite hand-dyed fabric? Are there any
companies whose hand-dyed fabric you do not like? If so, why?


I can't pick just one favorite hand-dyed company. I'm addicted to hand-dyed fabric. Huge fan of Enchanted Fabrics, Silkweaver, and Sugar Maple. I've yet to come across a hand-dyed that I don't like, but I'm far from having tried all of them, lol. I do know that dyed lugana doesn't make me like the stuff, lol.

In fact, I'm going to do the St. Petersburg Garden on an EF fabric, Evergreen. Lori's fabrics are so soft and wonderfully done and she's a real gem herself.

I started my first sock last night!!!!!!!!! It's just a simple tube sock so I can get the hand of knitting in the round, and then I'll work my way up to heels. I'm being taught by a master sock-knitter (or at least she seems so to me, lol) and thoroughly enjoying myself. I have a grand total of one inch of ribbing done. Have a whole bunch of pics I want to put up sometime this weekend, including my sock. Have also finished the first strip of my lapghan. Whoo! 1 down, 6 to go.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, now I should come and smack you as I had never heard of Enchanted Fabrics, went to visit the site and ended up with 4 new pieces of fabric coming my way!!! Look at what you have done!! :)

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home