Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Finally, WIP pictures!

Life has been so crazy. I know I've been busy, but for the life of me I can't remember what I've done... Picture heavy post, so you've been warned!

First up here, my sock! I'm very proud of my inch and a half of ribbing there. The yarn is Trampoline Stretch and my needles are sz 5 Clover bamboo. I love those Clover bamboo needles. I started this Thursday night at the Parrot Stitch.

That long strip of purple is the first strip of my knitted lapghan that I'm making. 7 shades of purple! Lots of baby yarn, and the fuzzy one is from N.Y. Yarns, the Cloud line. It is so unbelievably soft, like a cloud actually. Imagine that...

And this little thing is my square for the Hurricane Katrina quilt. It's the Saints fleur de lis. Living in Louisiana myself I just had to stitch it. The chart was in my Pattern A Day calendar that I got for Christmas. Done with plain ole DMC, a blend of 3820 and 725.


I also just realized that I never posted my latest blob of Alternative Reality. It's still very much a blob, and I haven't had it out since I got back from my Mimi's house. I think the green patch is turning into moss. This is the lower left hand corner.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger sugardoll said...

Holla's Rachel, aka Nancy Drew ehhe. Thanks for stopping by my blog girl, and leaving comments, I appreciate it! You have so much going, you are one heck of a busy lady! The knitting looks fab! I don't know how to do that! Very pretty! =)

4:12 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love the sock! they are all great starts

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home