Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Ball Gown (and Zoe)


The ball gown, for all practical purposes, is FINISHED!!!!!!! There's a minor bit of handwork left to do, which will get done mostly at work. I need a drawstring to pull the top a little tighter, and a couple more hook and bars to keep the two pieces attached.

The skirt didn't come out like I had originally envisioned, but that's ok. I like it this way too. It'll be very pretty dancing.


And Zoe... My poor baby! She's got a hurt paw now. So it's back to the vet in the morning. Good thing I'm back to my reguarly scheduled work schedule and the majority of the groups are over for the month. And I just got her paid off too!

Also, when I was at Wal-Mart earlier getting hooks for my skirt, much to my vast surprise and amazment, there were Ott lamps! The basic floor model and the tabletop. I'm sure my mouth dropped open. But the best part was the price on each. $80 for the lamp, $13 for the bulbs! For $80, I can totally buy the one I don't really like. After I get back from L.A.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Well, look at that! You created your own ballgown and it's so beautiful! I love the way it's gathered over the bottom section. Just a nip and tuck on that lower section and it will be perfect. Congratulations. You're going to love the Ott for stitching, too!
I enjoyed visiting your blog. I'm originally from NC..Southern girls are the best!
Deb in FL

11:21 PM  
Blogger sugardoll said...

You look gorgeous!! The dress is amazing! You...beautiful woman you..=D

12:42 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

You are going to have such fun in that gown! Congratulations its lovely

4:26 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Wow, what an incredible dress you made, it's just stunning ;)

5:46 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

It's gorgeous! Congrats on a wonderful finish.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home