Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Friday, April 13, 2007

St. Basil's!


Whoohoo!!! I am officially 2/3rd's done!!! My needle has been smoking for the last 3 weeks. I'm down to 2 1/2 pages left on the chart and one of those pages is VERY small. Then all the backstitching of course. Love the way Terry lays his backstitching out though, so I expect it to go pretty quickly.

Stats, again, in case anyone doesn't know.

SW Jamaica Sparkle, Belfast, 2x2 with DMC and Kreinik BF. I really wish the picture captured all of the BF. The spire and the domes wink and twinkle and sparkle so prettily. It's just lovely! Definitely looks like snow. There's also a lot of BF in the snow at the bottom of the cathedral. This piece is truly one of my favorites and will always have a treasured place in my home.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

What a stunning piece. As I'm looking at it I'm thinking I have to know what fabric this is because it's so gorgeous and fits the design perfectly and then I read on and you've told me. I love it when people share what fabrics they're doing their work on. Great progress, sounds like you're pleased and you should be ;)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

Wow - that's looking so good! Congrats on your progress to date.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

Sorry for the double comment - the Russian Nights Sampler is actually a very easy stitch - I've just got sidetracked. Most of the lettering and border are only one colour per shape, so it works up really quickly.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Sandie said...

How beautiful! Great job!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

It's so gorgeous!!! I'm sure that once it's all done, it's going to be spectacular!!!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger sugardoll said...

That is so beautiful Rachel. Can't wait to see this one all done.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

This is just a gorgeous piece!! Which designer is it? I really have to have this one. I'm stitching St. Pete's White Nights, too. Everything Russian is intriguing me this year for some reason...I'm even watching old movies about Rasputin and reading old Russian-based novels! LOL
Deb

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home