Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

It's here!!!


St. Pete is here!!!! My kit arrived yesterday and was waiting for me when I got home from work. Needless to say I'm one happy little stitcher. I immediately opened it up, pulled my fabric out and did a floss toss. I'm not using the solid NPI's, so this is minus the DMC. I'm very pleased with the look! One of the Waterlilies, Crystal Bay, is very similiar to my fabric, so depending on where that color is used I may have to add some backstitching with a darker color. but since It's just one skein of that color and just the one color that blends in, I'm not worried about it at all!

So I then decided to treat myself. This weekend I'm stitching on it! Had Part 1 printed out within minutes, lol. On Monday I'll go back to St. Basil's. There's just a couple of weeks worth of stitching left on it, so I can make it.

Here's my first picture! This is about an hour and a half. I was watching Seabiscuit, so I freely admit to ogling Tobey and the horses and not making a whole lot of progress, lol. It's fuzzy, and doesn't get the fabric right. Oh well!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

I love the fabric you chose for St. Petersburg. I chose a dark fabric which is very pretty but difficult to work on. All your floss colors look great on your fabric ;)

5:58 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Very beautiful!! I'm stitching with ya!!
Deb

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home