Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ooh... ouch!

I got in 2 good hours of stitching on my QS this evening. I would have taken a picture but my mom has the memory card for my camera and she hasn't given it back to me yet. And I really don't feel like hiking all the way to the other end of the house to get it from her.

And there's a good reason for that! I was putting up new blinds in my room yesterday. Standing on a chair since we didn't have a stepladder tall enough. (Me and stepladders don't get along anyway) So I was holding the blinds up to mark the holes for the hooks, when something slipped. I don't know if I turned my foot the wrong way or if I shifted my weight too far in the wrong direction or what. The chair went one way and I went the other. The lovely grapefruit sized bruise on my thigh is now 5 shades of purple and I can't put my full weight on it. *sigh* such is me...

The amazing part is that nothing was broken! The blinds landed on a glass vase, which is still intact, there are no holes gauged in the dresser and the doll lamp that was on the dresser is still in one piece too. *whew* To top it off, we had 3 different groups tour Kent House today- BIG groups (this translates to fantastic gift shop receipts, one of our best days in YEARS!) and I was on my feet most of the morning and a good chunk of the afternoon. Now both legs hurt.

That's life in my house! Rarely are we all unhurt and unbruised at the same time. It's amazing that only one of us has ever broken any bones (youngest bro, aka Indiana Jones wannabe in his younger days), although no one has ever topped my dad falling out of a deer stand and spraining his ankle.

I was bad yesterday. Silkweaver had a few solos left and they put them up at reduced prices. I snagged a FQ of 32ct Belfast. It's so pretty!!! I have no idea what I'll stitch on it, but I had been wanting it for awhile now. $17 after shipping is a REALLY tough price to talk yourself out of for that much linen.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Ouch! You sound as accident prone as me. The fabric sounds like a great bargain you will have to post a pic

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home