Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Long time no post

It's been quite busy for the last week and a half. One of my co-workers was out last week so I was in the gift shop by myself. That's another one of my beefs with her- how she will take off work for every little church thing and leave us to take up the slack. Taking time off when we're gearing up for History Camp is not exactly a nice thing to do. We ended up staying late Thursday to do things that we hadn't been able to get to earlier in the week because she was gone.

Haven't done much stitching at home due to the being busy and just being too tired in the evenings. I am stitching tonight though! I'm staring the next slot in my rotation, PV "Through a Mother's Eyes". This piece is for my mother. She fell in love with it years ago and asked me to do it for her. I've had it in stash for quite a while so it's nice to know I'm finally going to get going on it. Tomorrow I will post my end of rotation pic of St. Basil's. Since I haven't stitched on it since Wednesday I didn't get nearly as much done as I had wanted to. I'm also getting a new camera before the end of the month so my picture quality is going to improve greatly. Have my eye on the Sony Cyber-Shot 600.

In other news my sister and I, our mother and 2 of our friends drove to Baton Rouge last night to see the Michael Buble concert. FANTASTIC!!!!!!! It was so much fun and well worth the wrung out feeling I have today. I have discovered that Remeron taken at 1:30am and having to get up to go to work don't mix. I woke up just enough to tell my sister that I wasn't going to make the morning and then promptly went back to sleep. Woke up at 11:15, just in time to eat something and get ready for work before she came back to get me. Tonight I'm going to take it about 9:30-9:45 and see what happens. Preferably closer to 9:30.

And my best friend Ria is coming to see me in September!!!!!!!!! We've been trying to find good dates for a year now and we finally found it! She'll be here for 2 weeks in the middle of September and will get to see a good variety of things. I plan to take her to the alligator farm, to Natchez, maybe up into Natchitoches, down to Baton Rouge and N.O. and whatever else might strike our fancy. She wants to learn how to crochet so I'll be teaching her how to do that also. And fill her full of good Southern cooking!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home