Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

WIP pictures and SBQ


This is a picture post! You've been given fair warning, lol. I've finally gotten my rotation up and running and am loving every minute of it! This past Sunday I finally started Dimples St. Basil's Cathedral. It's stitched on 32ct SW Jamaica Sparkle on linen. This is the tallest spire, the scaley part of it. (for lack of a better word)







This next one is Spring Cameo, HAED. The artist is Deborah Grieves. Looking at the artwork, this is her left eye. IRL it would be her right eye, lol. I started drooling over this one before HAED even signed Deb as an artist. Needless to say I was THRILLED when it came out. I'm stitching 1x1 on 25ct cream Pearl linen and this is after one rotation. In my defense I was rather under the weather those two weeks and didn't do my normal amount of stitching.



And this is Paula Vaughn, "Iris" from her Pillows From Paula's Garden book. My room is done in irises and eventually this will be a throw pillow in my wicker rocking chair or on my bed. Wherever the mood strikes for that day, lol. It's done 3x2 on 28ct SW Meadow Mist lugana. I can tolerate the lugana because it's dyed, therefore making it softer. But I don't like 3x2. It's too bulky for my tastes. I considered converting to 2x2, but there were too many blends and I was afraid that would mess up the shading.



Alrighty, SBQ for this week! The question is from Cheryl and she asks:
What do you do with your charts once you've stitched them? Do you keep
them or dispose of them? If you keep them, do you organize them in a
way that is different from the way you keep your unstitched charts?

I've only completed one BIG project and I kept that chart. I have a feeling I'll mostly be a keeper. I'm a pack rat by nature. I'll tackle the storage issue once I get to that point, lol. I'm still more focused on keeping unstitched patterns organized!

And one final thought. Feel free to skip because it's all over the boards by now.

Marilyn Leavitt Imblum makes me SO MAD!!! She's accused Laura Latuada of Passione Ricamo of copying her designs! Where on earth does the woman get such a high opinion of designs? Laura's work and Marilyn's work are worlds apart in my eyes. There isn't a single L&L design that truly calls to me. My wish list of PR designs grows every time I see a new WIP picture on the board! I'm not usually a fairy person but I'm lusting after her Winter and Summer Fairy Spirits. They have such an ethereal quality to them that I just love.

If anybody is copying designs, it's Marilyn IMO. Her Firefly Fairies design is a direct rip-off of a Sleeping Beauty movie poster from the original release in 1959. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Disney holds a copyright for 3 fairies wearing pink, green and blue. If anybody's going to get sued it'll be Marilyn if Disney's legal department gets ahold of the design. All around in this fiasco Marilyn loses. I've seen messages from numerous people saying they're left her Yahoo group and every board I visit has spitting mad posters who are all coming out in support of Laura.

This just cements my decision to put Winter Beauty Princess into the next open slot on my rotation. *steps off her soapbox*

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I must have missed that argument but I agree whole heartedly, while I'm not a big fan of PR she is at least unique to the other designs on the market at the moment

4:03 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh and your spring cameo is looking gorgeous!

4:04 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Hi, ran across your blog via Blonde Librarian... do you mind if I add you to my reading list?
I must - quite shamelessly - admit I also made alt. reality my desktop as well ... oh, how the imagination can run wild with that. :o)

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home