Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

SBQ and Happy Dance!







First the Happy Dance! It's been nearly 3 years in the making. Finished it Tuesday and I'm STILL on cloud 9! TW's English Garden Sampler. It was started before I knew about framing margins and I ended up not having enough fabric to do the outer border. To be honest, I don't think the piece looses anything without it. Sorry for the funky folds, draping it over the couch arm and back was the only way I could get enough light!


Today's SBQ was suggested by Carol
and is:

Since you started blogging, have you noticed any difference in your stitching habits? Tell us about them.

I have noticed some changes but I can't say it's due to blogging per se. It's more due to finding all of the message boards, which then led to blogging about my stitching. I've tackled more complex projects, I tracked hours on one and I've started a rotation. So far I'm VERY happy with the rotation and don't have any plans to tweak it. I do also stitch more since I've plugged into the online communities. That I can blame on blogging and the boards, lol.





And one more picture! This is St. Basil's Cathedral after one rotation, which is two weeks. I didn't get as much done as I had wanted to though due to interference known as real life. It's stitched 2x2 on 32ct Belfast "Jamaica Sparkle" by SW.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

I've seen very few TW designs actually finished but can I just say ... DAAAAYYYYYUMMMM!!! That's beautiful and danged if you don't deserve a happy dance for sticking w/it for 3 years!!

Truly, beautiful.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

A big Congratulations on your happy dance! it's beautiful. I also love your St. Basils on that Jamaica Sparkle fabric-very pretty choice.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home