Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

SBQ and a new start

Today's SBQ was suggested by Von and is:

Many of us have a few pairs of embroidery scissors and some even have a "collection". How many pairs of scissors do you have? Feel free to share a photo of your favorite pair or pairs with us!


I have two pair of scissors that I use all the time. One set is the obligatory stork that every embroider/stitcher has probably had at one time or another. The other set- my FAVORITE set, is a Victorian reproduction. The scissors are just perfect for me, on the small side and very very sharp. They hang in a pewter chatelain around my neck so I never lose them and pesky brothers can't play with them. Here's a picture of them. They are very high quality, made in England and I highly recommend them. I also have the needlecase that's pictured at the bottom of that page as well as a thimble and 3 pincushions. The thimble is a reproduction of the one cast in commeroration of Victoria and Albert's wedding in 1840. (btw, all of the Beautiful Girlhood stuff is of the highest quality)


And my new start!!! It is HAED's "A Favour". The one by Leighton. Finished the gridding on it and then got nearly 300 stitches in! Started in the upper left hand corner because I wanted to work on the sky. It is so beautiful! It's my work project so progress will be slow. I'll take a picture when I bring it home. If it'll come out.... The sky colors are very pale, 927, 3742, etc.

And it's raining again. It's been raining off and on since 5 this morning! If it keeps up we're going to have to completely re-arrange History Camp Friday...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger CraftyPretender said...

oooh Rachel, you're doing a PR! I can't wait to see what you've done too... that chart is so 'you'!


EeKoon

12:38 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Thank you for the info on the Mira I'll be doing. It's *always* good to hear from someone that's done it. thank you thank you thank you!

I'm actually thinking of writing a book for my cab stories ... I have about 50 of them written so far. :o)

I looked up your "Favour", that will be beautiful when you finish it. Definately 'Romantic Stitches'.

Happy day!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home