Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

WIP pictures


I have now fully complete one go-round through my rotation. With no tweaking! I love it, I absolutely love it. So, here's a few pictures.

First up, Through A Mother's Eyes by Paula Vaughn. My mom fell in love with this years ago and I said I'd stitch it for her. It truly is lovely, but the color chart is a PITA!!!! Anyway, this is the right outermost edge of the bride's veil, half the window and a good start on the mirror.

And this is HAED's Spring Cameo. Artwork by Deb Grieves. This is she at 3 weeks of work. Now, all 3 of those weeks were extraordinarily busy with me feeling very drained at the end of every workday. Doesn't make for good stitching progress. I had hoped to be nearly ready to start another page by now. Ah well. Life goes on. Isn't she pretty? She'll have a nose before I move on to my next slot.


And this one is a new start!!!! It's my next work project, A Favour by HAED, artwork by Leighton. It's in the Pre-Raph section on the website. This is the top left corner, a patch of the sky. It's nearly 500 stitches. I'm trying a different method with this one, going across and/or down 2 blocks at a time. It's working well. I did all of that in about 5 hours, so I started using that method on Spring Cameo yesterday and I feel like I'm making progress faster. Yay me!!!!

Today is turning into a bad day fibro wise. Took me forever to wake up, feel like I got run over by a Mack truck and my leg muscles are on fire. I'm thinking it's my body's reaction to having been pushed so hard for the whole month of July with History Camp.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

They are all looking lovely esp spring cameo!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Those HAED designs are incredible aren't they? Carol @ CC's Stitch Diary does a lot of those (She did "Rune Gypsy" ... WOW!). Your progress is very nice.

I got my Mira in the mail and it has "Apple Green Sparkle" fabric to stitch it on. Interesting, eh?! :o) MUCH different than the pic. Odd, but awful pretty, nonetheless.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Very pretty!

I love the romantic look of Paula Vaughn designs.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home