Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The banner!!

Yes, I have a banner!!!!! It's a lovely banner. The most beautiful one I've ever seen. Here's the scoop on it.

The Little Mermaid is my most favorite Disney movie. Next year, it's going to Broadway! Yes, a stage musical version. For the Broadway play, several new songs have been written. One is sort of a duet between Ariel and Eric after the dinner scene where Grimsby ends up with Sebastien on his plate. It's called "If Only". Remember Ariel has no voice. The song is her expressing her longing to tell Eric everything he wants to know about the girl who saved him. The words on the banner are the opening lines of the song and my favorite lines in the song. It's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard in all my life and I think it's destined to become a Broadway classic. The song can be downloaded here for free if anyone would like to listen to it. It's the workshop recording and the actors singing are not the final cast.

I have the entire demo album on my computer and have made several CD's of it. It really is quite wonderful all around. "Her Voice" is also new, it's Eric's solo piece that he should have had in the movie!

The banner was made by the very talented Jo over at the Little Ariel forum. Yes, there is a message board dedicated to The Little Mermaid! It has one of the largest and most dedicated fan bases of any Disney movie ever made.

It really is a beautiful song. I listen to it over and over!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger My Life In Stitches said...

OH MY GOSH!! I love the The Little Mermaid! It is my favorite movie also and I am so excited to hear about it going to Broadway. I have been wanting to take my DD to NYC to see Beauty and The Beast (her favorite)...now I am thinking we wait, go and see both!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Your banner is wonderful!

2:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i think beauty & the best will be removed (or was) to put the little mermaid instead

12:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi!
the loink doesn't work anymore... i was wondering if someone has poste a new one since then.. or maybe you could possibly post one.
i'd love to hear the whole recording if at all possible. i LOVE the little mermaid and am dying to hear SOMething.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the link doesn't work and I've been searching for hours for a copy of the workshop recording or the demo... if you happen to have a way to get it, that would be wonderful. I'm dying to listen to it.

I can trade an album for the mp3s, if you'd like. I have a large list.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Sirengina said...

Hello I love the banner, its so beautiful. So i have been looking for the Broadway Demo of the Little Mermaid Musical and I came across your page, but the link doesn't work. Please, please can you post another link or even send me the mp3's? im more than willing to pay you for them, Please email me at water_goddess_gina@yahoo.com
Thank You.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home