Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The joys of fabric viewers

I fell in love with Chatelaine Water Garden about a year ago. Totally head over heels! I've been having a very hard time deciding what fabric to stitch it on. (yes, I make these decisions waaaaay in advance of when I actually stitch the piece) I was playing with the Chatelaine fabric viewer and hit upon Ocean Dreams by Enchanted Fabrics. It's perfect! The only other thing I could come up with was white, which is the recommended fabric, and that's just boring for me now. I would link straight to Ocean Dreams, but I can't get the EF site to come up on this machine. Kinda maddening because I still need to decide if I want it in painted or flair. I'm thinking Painted, go for the more subtle look. Now that I have fabric decided on, I'll actually buy the chart and fiber/bead pack from European Cross Stitch before the end of the year.

I've also finally joined a club! I picked one of the Indulgence of the Month from Cajun Crossn. I'm about to start the process of re-producing an 8134 sampler and I want to use Gentle Art Sampler Threads to do it. Cori has a club for GAST, 6 skeins a month for $10 or 12 skeins for $20. I may eventually go up to 12 skeins, but right now 6 will do. I don't have an LNS anywhere around here that carries GAST, so this will be the next best thing. And I've heard so many good things about the threads in general.

One of these days I'll actually join a FOTM, and I would love to do the Dinky Dyes selection from Paw Prints. But right now I have a real and actual need for GAST, so that's what I'm going to do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home