Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Gotta love typos!

When I hit the HAED BB this morning I was met by a post that said floss was 20 skeins for a dollar at Hancocks. Yes, 20 for a dollar!! It was a typo in the ad, but corporate told the stores to honor it. Needless to say Hancock's is this stitcher's best friend this weekend, lol.

I am now 10 skeins short of a FULL set of DMC. For 20 bucks!! I need to gather up more Floss-Away and tomorrow afternoon I'll get it all catalogued and see which 10 I'm missing. I never thought I'd be able to afford to have a complete set any time in the near future. This is going to make kitting so much easier! I just pull what I need and then replace it.

In other news all eyes on the Gulf coast are watching Ernesto. He's up to sustained winds of 60mph. 15 more and he'll make hurricane. It's too early to tell exactly where he'll make landfall. Will know more on that front Monday afternoon once he finally enters the Gulf. My brother is all set to start construction on his cottage next week, so Smith/Petit luck dictates that Ernesto will head for Louisiana. By Wednesday we should know for certain one way or the other. According to Dr. Jeff Masters at Weather Underground, it could go either way. The two most reliable models this year disagree. One points Ernesto at me, the other one sends him to Florida. Only time will tell which model is correct.

For next weekend, there is a 50/50 chance that I will not be online. Thank goodness we have a generator this year!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

Be careful!!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home