Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

SBQ 8/16/06

Yesterday was a day, so I'm a day late. Was offline all day and just played catch-up when I finally got home.

Today's SBQ's are from Ami and Anna.
#1: Do you have an organizational system for your fabric? If so, what is it? If not, what do you store your fabric in?

I use a drawer in my dresser! I have a 10-drawer dresser in my room and all of the pieces are laid out in one of the big drawers. I like to keep them as flat as possible and this lets me do that with my FQ's. I only buy linen, so keeping it organized isn't that hard, lol. I just have it stacked in the drawer laid out as flat as possible with tissue paper between each piece. Right now I have the color name, count and company on pieces of paper pinned to the fabric.

#2:How do people store their fabric, especially those small butpotentially usable pieces? Do they sort by count? How do they label it or otherwise know what each piece is?

I won't buy a piece smaller than 9x12. And I don't buy them very often because I prefer larger designs. Again, pieces of paper with all the info are pinned to each piece. I'm down to only two right now. One is an SMF piece, the other is Pearl linen that I'm going to use to make ornaments for two of my best friends as part of their Christmas presents.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

Ya know, I'm an adult (I AM, I swear!) but there are just some "kids" movies that are multi-generational and "Little Mermaid" is my favorite. The story, the music, the songs ... I love it. (My 2nd fave is "Land Before Time")

Happy thoughts!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home