Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I'm alive

It's been really cold around here the last few days. But of course my definition of cold is a lot different than most peoples. Anything below 58 in the daytime is cold. Last night it got down to 19! I can't remember that ever happening before Christmas. The old-timers are saying it's going to be a hard winter. The trees were full of color once they finally started turning. Prettier than even the old-timers ever remember seeing. We've had one hard freeze and 4 regular freezes. Again, absolutely unheard of before Christmas. Especially the hard freeze. Those don't usually happen until at least January. And never before my BD.

AR is coming along. I haven't touched it in a couple of days. Way too tired. So I was working on my scarf some last night and then crashed early. Going to do that again tonight. Planning to start the JOY tree ornament from the 2005 JCS ornament issue tomorrow too. I need a little break and something Christmassy! I'm using my skein of VC Evergreen and Wine over 1 on white 28ct Monaco. Why white? Because it's the only color I have! This will also give me an excuse to carry the piece into Hobby Lobby and test out Delicas. I discovered a few months ago that they have a rather large selection of them tucked into the jewelry section.

Most of my Christmas shopping is done. God Bless Amazon! And Target online. I hate going in our Target. Hate it hate it hate it. Getting in and out of the parking lot takes an act of Congress this time of year, and nothing is ever where it's supposed to be. And they're even worse than Wal-Mart about not having enough lanes open.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Its been cold and windly over here for ages - I wish it would snow, its been years since that last happened in my town

Happy stitching!!

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home