Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

It's been a busy day!

The second part of the room makeover started today. I have a little dressing room area where my sink is and it had a desk built into the wall. For years I've wanted to rip it out and put shelves on that wall. I'd rather have the book space than the cabinets to fill with clutter.

So today the task began of getting rid of it! Cleaned the top off- no small feat, then cleaned out the inside. Again, no small feat. It's been nearly 10 years since we moved into this house and it's been my catch-all place for all that time. Didn't take nearly as long as I had thought it would though, for which I am very thankful. I had cleaned it out a couple years ago thank goodness.

All empty and it was time for the de-construction to begin! With the aid of my trusty hammer, a chisel and a prybar, out it came! It had a marble top that I'm not entirely sure was even real marble. So I had no problems whatsoever banging the thing into pieces to get it out.

I've started an album to chronicle my progress and the transformation. With a new camera to play with I couldn't resist!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Meari said...

Wow, what a transformation! It looks great.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home