Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

It is finished!

My room that is. I spent the weekend building myself a new desk, putting up a new bookcase and re-arranging my room. I am all tuckered out now and my arms aren't speaking to me. Manhandling wood, a 50 pound bookcase, a ten drawer dresser, a full hope chest and a 30 pound bookcase are not things that one with fibromyalgia should do by herself. But I did it anyway and am VERY pleased with the results of my labor.


I have a hallway from my bedroom door to the main part of the room. This shot is looking down the hallway from the door. On the left hand side of the picture are my bookcases, on the right side is my little dressing room area where my sink is at. That's the area that will get made over Thanksgiving weekend. And I've picked my color too! And on top of my dresser you can just see Molly and Emily there on the right- Emily's the redhead, and on the left is my sister's Kirsten. Between her, me and my mom we have 11 American Girl dolls.

Over there to the right of your screen (I hope!) is my new bookcase. It's not even full!!! The top two shelves are entirely Hardy Boys, the third shelf is some of my miscellaneous series books and then the next one down is temporarily holding my mom's Trixie Belden books. On the very bottom is one of my hats because I haven't figure out where to put it yet.


And this is my desk! Behind me is my bed. That left end of it will eventually have a skirt made out of purple toile that I picked up at the KH yard sale last month. The filing cabinet is pretty self-explanatory and it meant I didn't have to buy quite as much wood, lol. You can just barely see Josefina over there on the right.


Now this bookcase used to be where my desk is now. My old desk was on this wall. I moved it out, moved the bookcase and even though there's more stuff in the room now, it feels a lot more open. Old desk had a hutch on it that really seemed to close the space in. And it was too short for my long legs and kind of uncomfortable. The new desk is just right for me! On the top of the bookcase are L-R: Elizabeth, Felicity, Samantha Nellie. On the smaller bookcase is L-R: Marisol and Katrina (AGOT #24). Off screen to the left of the small bookcase is my bed. On the lower right corner there is the head of my daybed.

And there ya go! My new room. :D

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I used to love trixie Belden what a blast from the past! It looks great congratulations

10:38 AM  
Blogger pethair-xstitcher said...

Wow, that looks like a lot of work! I bet this is a great room to just veg in, relax and shut the door to the world.
hugs

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did a great job! Love those dolls!! =D

2:06 PM  
Blogger Sandie said...

Enjoyed the pics. Thanks for sharing!
Sandie

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home