Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

SBQ- Oh those knots

Today's SBQ is:

How do you secure your thread when you begin a new one? Specifically, do you or have you ever used a waste knot?

No, I have never used a waste knot. For over 2, I use the pinhead to start. Over 1 is started by running under. I always end with running under. I've never worked up the nerve to try the pinhead for ending.

Alternative Reality is progressing nicely. Still in blob form, but I expect that for at least several more pages. Lots of detail takes longer to pop out I've noticed. Will probably take another picture this weekend.

Don't have to work Saturday after all!!! God bless Wayne. So I'll be dressing my dolls for Christmas and finish at least one of my letters into its ornament form. I have trim and fabric for L, but none for R. So will require a trip to Hancock's or Hobby Lobby.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I've been meaning to try the pinhead, thanks for reminding me!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

What's a pinhead? (Besides a bad horror flick non hero?)

I can't wait to see how your stitch comes out! I still have it as a wallpaper ever since I nabbed it from you many months ago!

12:50 PM  
Blogger nela said...

that you are well first that I see that you use pienhead, and you have tried the one of Mayté?

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home