Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

*swooning*

Martina of Chatelaine released the screenshots for the St. Petersburg Garden today. Can we say "I'M IN LOVE!!!!!!!!"

I knew it would be spectacular and that I would fall in love with it on the spot, but I had no idea I would love it this much. I'll be joining the class to get the chart even though I can't stitch along. The reason is very simple: It'll take me a few months to save up to afford the kit! I'll definitely be subbing any NPI's for DMC though. That $3.20 pricetag per skein just ain't worth it to me, not even for this one.

I dropped my finished Knit Your Bit scarf off at my LYS today. And gosh darn it I forgot to take a picture! Also bought the last 3 colors that I need for the lapghan I'm going to knit for myself and the needles I need. My first circulars! Size 6 and 7 Clover bamboo needles. The pattern I'm adapting from calls for 6's, but since I knit rather tight I want to have 6, 7, and 8 on hand so I can get it just right. The pattern is really cool too, it's 7 different colors and you do it in strips of 7 squares each and arrange the colors in a geometric pattern. I've picked 7 different shades of purple to do mine. All I have to do now is decide what the color order will be, lol.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

OK, I had to play along! You're right, it is a beauty. It's gonna be my first "big" stitch so I doubt I'm gonna be able to SAL, but I definately want it.

Happy Holidays!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

I'm doing Martina's Japanese Garden. I started it over a year ago and if I don't get in gear it'll be a year since I put in a stitch. Yikes!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home