Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Setting goals

It's that time of year again. Time for the annual setting of goals at the HAED BB. I've set my HAED goals there, so here I would like to set goals for my other WIP's.

1: Finish the stitching on my Iris pillow and then actually make it into a pillow. And enter it in the Silkweaver Showcase.

2: Finish St. Basil's Cathedral. Will be entering it in SW Showcase.

3: By the end of the year, have a rotation slot freed up for the St. Petersburg Garden.

4: Do my darnedest to finish up at least one page of Through A Mother's Eyes. (If I can just get past that mountain of fractionals in the mirror I'll make it on this one)

#1 is doable if I'll just work on it regularly. It's not a big design, 8x9". I can do it if I'll just work on it more than once every 6 months. Part of the reason I don't like working on it is the stupid color chart. It's a Paula Vaughan. As much as I love her designs, I will never do very many of them because I simply hate the charting. Color charts drive me bonkers!

#2 is also doable I think. St. B is a quick stitch when I'm working on it. The chart is 4 pages and I'm nearly done with a whole page. I've only got about 6 weeks worth of stitching in it right now. Would have made more progress at Mimi's last week if I had remembered my blending filament... Plus the fabric I picked is giving it *exactly* the look that I wanted it to have, which makes stitching on it sheer joy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Have been having lots of problems trying to leave you a comment - I love st petersburg night too, I'm planning on stitching it on blue or green, not sure which yet but I look forward to seeing your progress

9:24 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

Good luck with your 2007 goals. :)

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home