Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Back in the land of blogging!

So, I'm back. Getting back was an adventure in and of itself. Storms in Houston + airlines just don't mix. I didn't get home till after midnight Sunday night. Oye! And minus my luggage, which came in on the next flight. That happens a lot here.

I still haven't made it to getting my pictures off my camera. Since I'm so tired and still catching up on sleep, I haven't woken up in time the last 2 mornings. Monday I woke up at noon, just in time to eat and get to work, and then this morning was 11:30. Maybe by the end of the week....

Several months ago I fell in love with a lace knitting pattern. It's from Heartstrings and it's called Ivy Trellis. It's also done with fingering weight yarn instead of laceweight, so I figured it'd be a good lace pattern to get my toes wet with. I love ivy and I asked Laura to look the pattern over and see if it would be a good one for a beginner. She said yes, with a little practice of the new stitches. Whoohoo!!! So I've been casually looking at yarn over the last couple months, trying to decide what to use.

Since it does require quite a bit, 1100 yards to be precise, I'm looking at KnitPicks. At first I was thinking about using the Rocky Mountain Dusk colorway from the Memories line. Then tonight I looked at the Palette line again and much to my pleasant surprise, they've added some new colors! And I decided what to knit this with: Iris Heather. Now I just need to buy the pattern from Laura and get the yarn... 5 balls at $1.99 is a very affordable sum for my first lace project. The subtle variegation in the Iris Heather should be lovely on the stole.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sugardoll said...

Gee girl, looks like it will need tons and tons of yarn. I thank the Lord for my lack of knowledge about knitting or i would have already bought it LOL.

Welcome back, I hope you had an uber of a good time during your CA vacation.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home