Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

SBQ- How do you share?

Today's SBQ is from Carolyn:

How do you share your finished pieces with others? Do you frame them, scan and/or photograph them, or do you have another method that you would like to share?

For online showing, I take pictures. They're shared on message boards and here on my blog and I have a Yahoo album of finished pieces. Need to add that link to my sidebar! I like big projects, and those don't fit on scanners very well. And the scanner is hooked up to another computer, so it can be quite time-consuming to get the pictures transferred. I do have a cheap camera, but the macro setting works very well for taking pictures of my stitched pieces now that I actually have a lamp that I can get at just the right angle for just the right amount of light.

Most things that I have stitched have been framed. To date, I've only ever finished one piece for myself and I only have 3 pieces that aren't framed, 1 is mine, 1 I did for my sister and the other I did for my mom. I should frame my mom's for her... Anyway! Smaller things usually get finished as tree ornaments. I LOVE Christmas and Christmas tree ornaments and am in the camp of you can never have too many ornaments. What if you end up in a house with cathedral ceilings and you can have a ten foot tall tree?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home