Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Day One!

I'm having so much fun!!!!!!!!! And Kim, I bought that Disney Princess book today at Hobby Lobby!

Started off with her plane being nearly an hour late. OK, I can handle that though I just about went crazy with anticipation. Then her luggage didn't make it. Hazards of flying through Atlanta unfortunately. It finally showed up at the house about 9, shortly before we were planning to start the hunt for some PJ's for Ria to sleep in.

Yesterday was very laid back. A trip to Wal-Mart for her to get shampoo and for me to get the rest of the stuff to make a chocolate cake. Then looking at doll stuff and just general yakking.

Then today after work and lunch we headed over to Hobby Lobby. We're having a tea next weekend at work and Ria is going to be one of the table hostess'. So she needs an Empire dress! Got the fabric for that, got some fabric for a new one for me, the Disney Princess pattern book with the pillows on the front, and then we looked through the clearance rack.

JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mira's Sleeping Beauty kit for ten bucks!!! Snatched it right up. Will use the dirty natural linen for the pelican ornaments from the 2005 JCS ornament issue, and the floss and the beads will of course be used for SB. I am so psyched! I never would have found it without Ria. It was buried behind some of the Kelly's Kats kits and she was looking through to see if they had the cat on the ironing board and I spotted Queen of Peace. Then SB!

We've started the crochet lessons, but she's a leftie so that's going very slow. She does do plastic canvas with charts, so stitching will go much quicker. I basically just have to show her how to find the middle of the fabric and the chart. She's going to stitch one of the Belle's from the book I bought. She nearly bought the kit that I had already done for her for her BD. I kinda lied and told her it was rather difficult, lol. Near disaster averted! Tomorrow I have to work all day so we'll be cutting out playing cards and I'll be working on the cookbook and then Friday we head South!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Glad you got the book - im waiting to get paid for mine, and so glad you talked your friend out of buying the kit, at least you know shes going to love it!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

Sounds like you had a great time. :)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Sandie said...

crochet.org has instructions for left handed crocheters

6:40 AM  
Blogger Juls said...

You must be having fun.....it's been so long since you've posted!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home