Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

WIP updates


I finally took pictures! First up, my crocheted cell phone case. I'm over halfway done with it already. I'm using a bigger yarn than called for, so I only need half as many rows, and I won't have to make the side inserts, I'll just whip-stitch the sides together when I get to that point. It's done with DMC Senso yarn, the heather purple. I'm thinking I'll make me another one too out of more springy colors, a variegated of some sort probably.


Next, HAED's "A Favour". I'm about 2200 stitches in. Nearly all of the progress from the last picture to this one was done in 2 days. I so proud of myself!


And this one is my best friend's BD present. I accidentally cropped off some of the side when I took it, but you get the picture, lol. It's a Belle portrait, Beauty and the Beast is her favorite movie. It's a Janlynn kit that came with aida. I chucked the aida and am stitching it on SMF's "Abracadabra" 28ct Cashel. She'll look much better once I finish the backstitching in her hair and on her face. That pink down at the bottom goes all the way around and up and forms a heart around her. And Hobby Lobby has frames on sale this week!! Talk about meant to be.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I love the mobile phone case! How I wish my progress for this month was anywhere near as much as you!

2:56 AM  
Blogger CraftyPretender said...

hey nice texture on the mobile phone case! And in purple (our favourite colour, too!)

On the tatting bit, Rachel, you just leave a space in between your double stitches as you go, and push the stitch together... the loopy thing automatically pops up ... it's easy and v. portable!

EeKoon

5:06 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

I'm sure your friend will love Belle. The fabric is gorgeous!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home