Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

WIP updates


Picture post! First up St. Basil's Cathedral. SQ Jamaica Sparkle, 2x1. I love the way this fabric makes the purples pop out. From the model pic, you can't even tell the purples are there. At least to me anyway. I hope to be able to enter it in the 2007 Silkweaver Showcase.



And to the right is my PR Arabesque Alphabet "R". It's being stitched with Vikki Clayton "Blueberry Creme" 2x1 on 20ct Pearl linen. It's a Christmas present to my friend Ria and she's Greek. I picked Blueberry Creme for her letter because it reminded me of the Greek flag. It's nearly done!

I'm home alone right now. That means I have the TV all to myself! and since there's never anything on on Sunday evenings, I plan to watch The Misadventures of Merlin Jones. It's an old Disney flick with Tommy Kirk and Annette. Hilarious!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandie said...

Oh I remember the misadventures of Merlin Jones. I love Annette! Merlin Jones, the scrambled egghead. I had the album. Yes, they were called albums then. - Sandie

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

St. Basil's is just stunning! I love the fabbie you are using. Who is the designer

9:04 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

The fabric you're stitching St. Basils on is gorgeous!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home