Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

SBQ- Statistics

Last week's SBQ was suggested by Elizabeth and is:

How many pieces have you stitched? Out of these, how many have been for you? How many have had specialty stitches or other techniques besides cross stitch?


A primitive head count comes up with about 15. Hey, I'm only 23 and I've only been an avid stitcher for the last 4 years. Out of the ones I do remember, only 1 finish has been for me. Queen Mermaid last fall. Everything else has been given as gifts to family and a couple of friends. I have done a small variety of specialty stitches thanks to English Garden Sampler. Algerian eyelet, diamond eyeles, herringbone, satin and a wrapped straight-stitch. The effect was beautiful! Kreinik cord in Vatican gold wrapped around ecru Perle coton. EGS is the only one that's had more than backstitching or French knots in it.

Need to order the fabric and floss for my fleur de lis for the quilt too. And my Venus threads for the PR Stitchathon in October. I'll be starting Winter Beauty Princess. Also planning to start my two letter ornaments this weekend. Have to work Saturday, so I'll be bringing them with me so I can play with silks! In fact, I'm itching so badly to stitch with my pretty silks that I just might bring the ornaments with me tomorrow too, lol.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home