Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Adventures in floss

Wow! Venus threads are AMAZING!!!!!! They are so soft and lay so nicely. Very little twisting or slipping around. It's stranded cotton like DMC, except it's only sold in Europe. This makes me very sad as it's very nice and wonderful floss. I'm using them to stitch my Winter Beauty Princess. I started her for the PR Stitchathon going on this weekend. And I'm stitching her on 32ct Enchanted Fabrics Royalty flair.

*insert shameless plug for Lori here* Her fabrics are AMAZING!!!!!

OK, so I'm stuck on the word "amazing" tonight. Chalk it up to lack of sleep and a headache from the bouncing temperatures this week. Today it never topped 70, outside right now it's 50 and tomorrow it's supposed to be nearly 80. Then back down to about 69. My poor head!!! I don't handle temp changes well, throws off my groove. Yet another reason why I will probably never live outside of Louisiana, lol. And I found the coolest things at Hobby Lobby today. Cushions for steel crochet hooks! That aren't humongous and cover the whole dang hook. Will have to try them out next week since I've pulled my coasters back out to work on.

And now this week's SBQ, from Vash.

Which way do you stitch, i.e. do you stitch /// followed by \\\ on
top, or the other way around \\\ followed by ///? Are you left- or
right-handed and do you think that this affects the way that you stitch?

*stops to think* I go /// then go back \\\. I'm right handed, but I have no idea if I stitch right-handed or left-handed. I iron left-handed and crochet right-handed. I do know that I am so dominantly right-handed that I'm convinced I'll never master 2-handed stitching. I've tried several times but it's so frustratingly slow that I just give up.

Random thought. Why is that people in some fan fiction communities give unwanted and unasked for advice then have the nerve to allow their feelings to get hurt when the writer ignores it? And honestly has no idea that what said reviewer said in the first place hurt the writer deeply and she was afraid to write for 2 whole days. (not me, I got good at ignoring people whose opinion doesn't really count a LOOOONG time ago) This critique was not asked for and was really rather rude. I mean really, since when did one college writing course qualify someone to definitively state that someone can't write? And this reviewer is the one who can't write, my friend found her blog somewhere and sent it to me. I've never seen so much unnecessary parenthetical exposition in all my life! Granted it's not a very long life, but I do have a lot of experience in the fan fiction world. And I come from circles where the writing quality is impeccable. Without the help of any kind of degree in writing or English.

Some people.....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I've never heard of that floss, its not something I've seen in shops over here - Mindue you don't get much other than anchor & DMC in any of my LNS's :o(

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home