Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

SBQ- Brr!

Today's SBQ was suggested by Lee and is:

As we all know, stitching in the winter can really be rough on the
hands. What do you do to treat your hands well in the cold winter
months? Do you have any suggestions for creams or soaps? Or perhaps a
special regimen that you would like to share?

Well, I live in Louisiana. Down here, there's no such thing as winter, lol. So I don't really do anything else special for my hands. It stays very humid (80-110%) year-round, so I don't even use body lotion most of the time.

I've been smoking right along on my first PR Arabesque letter this week. And then today I ran out of silk with a fourth of the stitching left. Woe is me for having to order more Dinky Dyes, lol. So I'll move to the other letter for awhile till the DD's come in. And I have to get more of the other silk color too, the VC Blueberry Creme. And gosh darn it, I'm going to have to order at least 5 other skeins just to make the shipping worth it. Life can be such a hardship for a silk addict, lol. The hard part will be deciding which colors to get!

A cold front is moving through right now, so I'm rather achey and my fingers are getting stiff. I really should put some warmer clothes on and that would help considerably.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Meari said...

Be glad you're not up here in Illinois. Talk about Brrr! It was 39 degrees when I drove to work this morning. It's also very blustery. The wind almost knocked me over at lunch time... LOL, and that's no small feat!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home