Romantic Stitches
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thoughs of a Victorian Romantic, including stitching, books and whatever strikes my fancy, including the ocassional foray onto a soapbox. Artwork by Jo at Little Ariel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

History geek. Browncoat/Whovian/Trekkie/Scaper Science fiction romance writer. Closet football fan.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I never knew...

There's been a whole big mess at work this last week and I just found out something that I didn't know and almost wish I hadn't found out at all.

One of my co-workers, who was a really good friend of my sister (who I also work with) has been spreading lies about me behind my back. Said co-worker quit yesterday and blamed it on me, even though I really had nothing to do with it and she was going to quit this week anyway. Now I know why. She was presented with a vague opportunity and she jumped on it. A lot of things make sense now that didn't before.

We had a lady come in today with a marked service dog. The past presidents of the board were also having a luncheon on the grounds and we had to walk through all of them to get to the house so I could start the tour. It's a federal offense to refuse to allow a marked service dog to accompany their human. My sister saw us with the dog, went into the gift shop and told my mother (who was helping out today) that I had made a very bad call in allowing a dog to be taken up into the house. My mother looked at her and said "Do you really think she's that stupid?"

It did upset some of the ladies because they couldn't see the dog's badge. But I'm really not that stupid. Pets are not allowed inside the house under any circumstances. It doesn't matter if the pet is dying, they still can't go in!

And then, said co-worker when she came by today to get some more of her stuff had the nerve to tell my mother that she was going to go over to the gift shop and send me back to the office because I'm not good with tourists. WTF????? There is absolutely no telling what sort of slander she has spread about me to our dear Allie and the board members. I was ticked at her before for acting like a child, but now I'm mad. MAD. I have never talked about her behind her back to anyone how DARE she talk about me like that and to my own sister! And often enough and long enough apparently that my sister believed her!

She's been saying "Be nice" to me an awful lot over the last year, at work, come to think of it. In reference to tourists. And it's been bothering me as to why she would say that. I'm not stupid. She knows full well that I'm capable of dealing with all sorts of people without them knowing how I really feel. That's the first skill you learn in a doctor's office. You put on a happy face and you act like you are delighted the tourists have stopped by, even if your feet are killing you. Which I do. Every day. Now I think I know why she's been telling me that. Angel. Spreading lies about me.

I'm pissed. Royally pissed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Gah I hate women like that, shes probably jealous of you and does that to make herself feel better. At least shes gone now and people will soon realise it was her not you

3:11 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

I'd be upset too.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home